Cookies play an important part in ensuring that a website works correctly. Several of these cookies are technically essential to guarantee certain functions of the website. In addition to this, we use several cookies to collect information regarding user behaviour on this website, which is then used to continually improve our website. Click on "I agree" to accept cookies. You can find further information on our data protection site.

For Applicants Application

Your Application

Application process

Applications are handled over the university's application portal at

Application documents required (please upload with your application):

  • Certified copy of your last school-leaving certificate acquired abroad and of your university diploma (bachelor or equivalent certificate). If the certificates are in English, no translation is needed. Otherwise these documents require a certified German translation. Before applying, applicants from abroad should visit first to check if their foreign school-leaving certificate qualifies them for enrolment in a German university of applied sciences.
  • Health insurance: foreign students will also need to provide proof of their health insurance at the university. This is mandatory for enrolment. You can either take out a student health insurance from a health insurance company of your choice, or have a confirmation of the existing health insurance issued in your home country (only applicable for the EU).
  • German language qualification is not needed if you apply for a English program. Students need to prove their proficiency in English through one of the standardized language tests. Students from countries with English as (one of) the official language(s) are not required to take a test.

The study contract comes into force once all records and certificates have been received by the university, and after the fees have been fully paid in advance.