ERASMUS + support for semesters and internships abroad within Europe
Erasmus+ is the EU's program to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe.
Its budget of €14.7 billion will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, gain experience, and volunteer abroad. Set to last until 2020, Erasmus+ doesn't just have opportunities for students. Merging seven prior programs, it has opportunities for a wide variety of individuals and organizations.
The SRH University of Logistics and Economics Hamm is committed to cooperation in education across the EU and promotes the exchange of students within Europe. Based on its education policy, the university has been granted the ERASMUS Charta for the entire term until 2020. This makes it a part of the EU's new ERASMUS+ program for general education, youth and sport. ERASMUS+ will enable people from universities, schools, vocational training, adult education, youth work and sport across Europe to gather experience abroad until 2020. From now on, this is also possible for students of SRH University Hamm.
Your options with ERASMUS+
What is the ERASMUS+ program?
The EU's Erasmus+ program is designed to support students, universities, university staff and non-academic partners in higher education. In addition, it also supports the cooperation with schools, enterprises, adult education institutions and youth associations. The ERASMUS+ program is aimed at modernizing universities in Europe, improve their quality and promote their internationality. The students are afforded an opportunity to further personal development and to strengthen their employability and international competences.
What can the ERASMUS+ program offer SHR students?
- The ERASMUS+ program enables SRH students (bachelor, master) to freely apply for a term abroad within the EU. This usually concerns a study visit of an ERASMUS partner university of at least 3 and up to 12 months. Students can meanwhile be supported repeatedly within the European ERASMUS area for up to 12 months in every study cycle (bachelor or master). Multiple support for up to 24 months is also possible.
- The monthly rates vary by country group in keeping with the following classification: Group 1: AT, CH, DK, FI, FR, IE, IT, LI, NO, SE, UK Group 2: BE, CY, CZ, DE, ES, GR, HR, IS, LU, NL, PT, SI, TR Group 3: BG, EE, HU, LT, LV, MT, PL, RO, SK, FYROM
- Your grant for every month (30 days) of your study visit will amount to: Group 1 = € 250 - 500 Group 2 = € 200 - 450 Group 3 = € 150 - 400
- Internships can also be supported from the 3rd month of study in a degree course and upon graduation.
Important information about the ERASMUS+ program for SRH students:
- For their ERASMUS term abroad, SRH students can claim a special German BAföG-grant for study visits abroad. This is also possible where no BAfög grant has been approved for studies within Germany. Application is recommended because the grant is calculated on a different basis.
- Students intending to take their entire master degree course in other European countries have been able to apply for a low-interest bank loan from 2015. The following countries offer this service so far: Spain, France, and Great Britain.
- Online language courses are available for improving the students' language skills in the five major languages (English, French, German, Italian and Spanish) at www.erasmusplusols.eu.
- The partner schools will charge no fees for the duration of the agreed studies (e.g. for the course, enrolment, tests, access to laboratories and libraries, etc.).
- Leave: For the duration of their studies abroad, SRH students are considered on leave, so that their compliance with the standard period of study is not at risk.
- The academic achievements attained abroad can be recognized in coordination with the ERASMUS representatives / faculty coordinators / student advisors.
- All students will be able to rely on special support services from the hosting institution with respect to accommodation, cultural offers, etc. as a matter of principle.
Eligibility requirements and application for the ERASMUS+ program
• Enrolment at SRH university Hamm
• Completion of at least one year of study before starting the stay abroad
• B2 language level in the language of instruction
• Basic knowledge of the country's language
• the university abroad and SRH university Hamm must be partners!
Application: motivation letter:
• Motivation letter:
content: desired destination, time and duration of the stay, personal goals, the student's reasons/ motivation
length: ideally one A4 page in German
• CV in tabular form
• Personal data
• Practical experience
• Experience abroad
• Certificates and overview of grades
• For bachelor students: abstract of current grades
• For master students: bachelor diploma + abstract of current grades
Selection procedure and application deadline
The application can be filed by e-mail or in person to our International Office Team: International_Office.HSHA@srh.de
Our International Office Team decides on the allocation of places in cooperation with the SRH university administration and can also provide applicants with information about the recognition of attained academic achievements and special subject-related and language requirements.
The closing date for applications concerning the entire academic university year to follow is always February 15.
The deadline for ERASMUS internships is different!
ERASMUS internships can be applied for continuously.
Late applications for remaining places are possible until November in coordination with the ERASMUS coordinator.
Important advice for students who already had an ERASMUS grant in the past: you can be supported repeatedly in every study phase (BA, MA, PhD) and for up to 12 months altogether.